Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Venting - Building Blocks Tuesday

I am in a mood today.  You see, I am not one of those roll with the punches types of people.  I used to be, but that was back when my life was less complicated.  Now when something goes wrong, I tend to whine, sometimes cry, bitch & moan, vent, and THEN solve the problem at hand.  There might even be some throwing stuff around and stomping of feet mixed in there too.  This week's challenge is a scheduling problem.  Prepare yourself for some venting.....

As Mommy, I am keeper of the schedule and calendar, at least for the kids and I.  My DH, frequently travels, and so, I know that our regular day to day schedule should not rely on any help from him.  However, special events do pop up that I need to attend and WANT to attend without the children tagging along.  I usually block of these events in his calendar so I can go about my business without any conflicts.  9 times out of 10, this all works out, occasionally requiring the assistance of a baby sitter here and there.  This coming weekend is proving to NOT be one of the times it works out.  The quilt guild I joined up in the mountains is having its annual quilt walk and I anticipated being there all day to help out, especially since I have actually put some quilts in the show this year.  My DH informed me he HAS to travel for work this week and his flight doesn't get back until the day after the show.  Also, my eldest DD's gymnastic competition, originally scheduled for Sunday, has been moved to Saturday because of the amount of participants.  Her level is the only one competing on Saturday, the same day and time as the quilt show.  I cannot be in 3 places (all about 2 hours away from one another) at the same time.  I've cried, whined, moaned, and now vented.  Thanks for letting me do so.  Looks like the 3 girls and I will be going to the competition together, then up the hill to do any remaining clean up at the show.

Late last week, I completed these blocks for today's link up.  I am nearly done with my Swoon blocks, only a couple more to do.

Swoon block 9

Swoon block 10

What have you been working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open for a whole week.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading!

Jen



4 comments:

  1. I understand how frustrating that can be, I swear not being able to be 2-3 places at once is the story of my life! LOL Oh well, enjoy the day the best you can! Swoon blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it all works out for you Jen, love your low-volume Swoon blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Jen! The trials of a weary Mom! Hope it all works itself out. I'm still lovin' your Swoon blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh piffle, sorry, wish i could be there to help xx

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.