Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The fox stays - Building Blocks Tuesday

It is Tuesday, and alas, I have no blocks to share today.  However, I would like to share a finish of sorts, one that has been occupying a great deal of my time!

PTA auction canvas
Kid art for class auction.  Each kid in the class designed a leaf.
This canvas was created for a PTA auction later this week.  Each child in my daughter's 2nd grade class designed a leaf.  They used sharpie markers to draw their designs on paper leaves, and then I painted the copied design onto the canvas with paint.  This process cut down on the time the kids needed to be out of class to participate; though it did make it more difficult for me!  I filled in a few empty leaves with basic geometric designs to fill it out.

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that there was some debate on whether the fox should stay.  Originally I had painted some flowers in grass, but then it dawned on me that I had fall leaves and spring flowers in the same painting - not good.  I really felt something needed to be on the ground, so I tried the fox.  I was a little worried that he was too cartoon-y, but those of you on Instagram, and one of the teachers from school thought the fox should stay.  So he did!  And he is off on his way to the auction.

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent on this painting - way more than probably necessary, but you know how it goes.  The more you look at it, the more you want to tinker with it.  I am happy it is out of the house!

This wasn't the only labor intensive project I had to complete for the PTA auction.  I will share my other other finish later.

What blocks have you working on?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading!

Jen



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! It would be a great quilt. I am waiting until my guys draw me something quilt worthy. I am glad the fox stayed, but I want to know What does the fox say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great lot for the auction Jen, I hope it raises lots of money for your PTA. Glad that the fox stayed :)

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.