Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Autumn in spring - Building Blocks Tuesday


Autumn Leaves for Nita


Spring is the best time to think about fall, right?  I spent most of yesterday making these Scrappy Autumn Leaves blocks for Nita in the We Bee Canadian bee.  I only finished two of the three that I need to make; however, there was a problem with the second one.  Can you spot it?


Autumn Leaves for Nita


Yep!  I accidentally added the stem for the third block to this one.  I will have to get my seam ripper out before I continue.

Anyhow, I do like how these blocks turn out, though they take a heck of a lot longer to make than the Modern Maple blocks I have made in the past.  I also noticed that some of my seams were a bit more off than I normally like.  I think I need to double check my quarter inch foot.  Perhaps the kids bumped it out of alignment or something.

If you are interested in making your own blocks, they are actually called Autumn Glory blocks and the pattern is HERE.


Camp Mommy continues this week.  Today, we are headed back to the dentist so my 5 year old can get a crown because her filling keeps falling out.  Oh joy!  Initially she was very excited to get "a crown", but once we explained that it wasn't the type of crown for dressing up like a princess, she was less enthusiastic.  Although, yesterday, she started telling people that soon even her tooth would have its own crown, so I guess that is something.

What blocks have you working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr and Instagram pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading,

Jen






3 comments:

  1. I thought the mistake (s) were the 2 yellow diamonds you made in the second block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. liking how you have uesed so many fabrics for these blocks, thanks for the link will have a go too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are all enjoying the Easter holidays. Did you see Fiona (Celtic thistle) has finished her houses wall hanging? It looks great. How are the girls? Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.