Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Call to Action blocks - Building Blocks Tuesday

Today, I am sharing a block I made in response to a "call to action" shared on my Facebook page by Janelle.

blocks for Carrigan comfort quilts

This block is going to comfort the families of police officers in Colorado, one officer was killed and another wounded in the line of duty.  Please read more about it HERE.

My blocks are probably a little too much "gold".  It is funny how that is one of those colors that a little goes a long way.  It totally takes over.  I hope she is able to pair these blocks up with others that are maybe too blue, so there is a good balance.

There is still time to make blocks if you feel moved to do so.

By the way, I need to give a shout out to Jennifer over at the Inquiring Quilter.   She has linked up a few times recently and I cannot seem to leave a message on her posts to tell her how lovely her blocks are.  Someone (cough - me) has forgotten her Disqus password and for some reason can't recover it.  So Jennifer, thanks for linking up and keep up the good work!

OH!! And for those of you playing along with the 100 Day Challenge, our next check in is coming up on Friday!

What blocks have you working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr and Instagram pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading,

Jen






4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout out! I love your blog and you are so kind to host the linky. I'm very sorry that you've had trouble leaving comments on my blog. It really is so nice when someone takes the time. Ugh. It bums me out that as bloggers we have to identify commenters in order to stop robo comments and stolen identities but there you go. Sigh.

    I did find this link though that should help you reset your password! https://disqus.com/forgot/ I'd love to see you back. If you don't want to use Disqus, you can use Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ to identify yourself and leave a comment on my blog. I use Google+ to leave comments here on your blog and it works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a tragedy what a lovely idea to make a quilt, my heart goes out to the familie of the officer whose life was taken and also to the other two officers, I do hope the other badly injured officer is now making progress with is recovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks for a very good cause.
    Looking forward to Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks Jen and thanks for the reminder about the 100 day challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.